Recruitme™ NZ Local Office Jobs Online
Employme NZ Local Trade Jobs Online
Recruitme™ NZ is committed to protecting the privacy of all candidates and clients. We will make every effort to protect the privacy of all personal information provided to us. We will only use the information for the purposes set out in this policy or unless we reasonably believe that by law we are required to disclose information about an individual. As a minimum, Recruitme™ NZ will abide by the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your;
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Collecting information on website visitors
we collect aggregate information on our site visitors including which sections of the site are most frequently visited, how often and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, anonymous information. We utilise this information to improve and enhance our services by monitoring the areas on the site that are most popular to you.
The site's web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cookies & Applets
Our site utilises cookies to provide you with a better user experience. These cookies and applets allow you to search for jobs more easily, as well as to utilise specific services such as our email job alert system. Users who do not wish to receive cookies can instruct their web browsers to refuse them. However, doing so may prevent access to some services, and negatively impact your use of the site.
Third Party Measurement
In order to better understand of our visitor traffic, we utilise third party measurement tools to assess site traffic. Tracking code is used to collect the following information on the usage of the site:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur;
- The number of unique visitors;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the site when they visit.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site. All of this information is provided and used in the aggregate. At no point is individual information utilised.
Collecting information from Registered Users
As a registered user, our website collects certain personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our job seeker and client services. Registration is completely optional, and will not impact your ability to apply for jobs advertised on the site.
Email job alert feature
From time to time we will alert you by email of special interest promotions. In order to provide this optional service, we request that you provide information relating to your employment preferences as well as your email address. This information is not used for any other purpose than to match your preferences to a specific job application and inform you of new applications an special promotions.
Profiles - job application form
As part of our online job service, we provide the option of creating a profile to use for job applications. The personal information provided in your Profile (name, address, employer’s name, phone number) is not publically accessible except as part of an application to a job. Your profile is not made available for public viewing, only registered employers obtain access with the approval of Recruitme™. Your profile is forwarded to a prospective employer, only after said employer has signed and agreed to our terms of business, of which includes a privacy statement, and instructions of how our information is to be used. By completing our online profile, you agree that Recruitme™ retains ownership of the said document. You may ask at anytime in writing for your profile to be permanently deleted.
making an online application to a job advertisement on our site is a free and optional service. Job applications require you to complete mandatory fields (first name, last name, phone and email) so that we can identify and contact you.
The mandatory information, in addition to any additional information you include as part of your application (Profile, cover letter, etc) is submitted to us for the purpose of helping you to find employment. Please note that we do not keep your electronically submitted resume active for more than three months, if your application is deemed unsuccessful. We do keep your completed online profile for future reference, but you will be contacted if a suitable position comes available. We will discuss potential roles with you before submitting your Profile to a potential employer.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure security of all information that is gathered from our recruitment procedures. Unless we place you in employment, your personal information will be destroyed after 12 months. If placed in employment, your personal information will be kept in secure storage for a period of 24 months.
FOR CANDIDATES INTERVIEWED BY RECRUITME™ NZ
How your information will be collected: Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you apply to a vacancy through Recruitme™, and agree to our interview process in connection with your application.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency, medical, or police report.
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about yourself and how said information will be used.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of Recruitme
- other members of the Recruitme
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers - e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
You can gain access to your information for the purpose of correction Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 - Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact Recruitme™NZ or our Privacy Coordinator, whose details are shown below. Access requests will need to be lodged in writing. Access will normally be granted within 14 days of receipt of your written request.
In some cases we will impose a charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
We will not keep unsolicited Profiles on file and unsuccessful applications will be deleted from our database if requested.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact us in the first instance.