Business Development, Auckland, Negotiable base, commission, + car, laptop, phone.
A bit about us
With a well respected name in the market and New Zealand's only manufacturer of machine pressed pavers, Horizon International has been manufacturing and supplying pavers to the New Zealand market for over 35 years. We cover both commercial and residential markets with projects ranging from major city centres, residential developments and port developments, through to home improvements.
In conjunction to our range of paving products, we have recently started actively promoting an environmentally friendly range of protective coating and cleaning solutions, which has been well received in the market, and presents significant opportunities for growth
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to hunt out new business opportunities in the Auckland area, and to manage a small but growing base of existing accounts.
To excel in this role you should have a hunter personality, a compelling sales focus, and a real desire to achieve
What the role involves:
- Contacting potential clients to build relationships and arrange meetings.
- Finding and developing new markets and opportunities
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organisations and individuals to uncover new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Assist in the running of our Ellerslie based showroom.
Requirements for the role:
- Previous experience in a business development role
- Experience in managing sales pipelines and forecasting
- Familiar in using a CRM tool
- Experience in the construction industry preferred, but not essential
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Ability to manage your territory with minimal guidance
- Be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products
- Salary between $65k to $90k (depending on experience)
- On Target earnings $120k
- Company vehicle, phone, laptop supplied