About the Role
Were keen to add an experienced, highly capable, and passionate DBA to our development group based in Albany on the North Shore.
Were looking for someone that offers passion, quality, delivery focus, leadership and problem solving. Our teams are empowered and fast moving our belief is that this happens with good collaboration and communication, meaning that we can act on the ideas and thought leadership that youll bring to the table.
We are very much looking at the dev side of the role so complex queries, optimization, performance and managing database structures. With our large, complex product suite you will be involved with both our architecture and dev opps groups looking at our tooling and database strategy.
On a day to day basis youll be working closely with the product teams ensuring that we have covered off performance optimization and complex queries. Across the teams and products there is a lot of growth so there is a lot of variety in the role and a challenging mix of big picture involvement as well as day to day delivery.
- 3+ years in-depth experience as a DBA in the Software Engineering field with an appropriate tertiary qualification (though this may not be in the computer science field).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (or greater)
- Strong database design and development skills
- Database Troubleshooting skills
- Database Tuning and Performance Enhancements
- SQL code review
- Experience with cloud platforms or Azure solutions
- A good understanding of software version control systems
- Experience in MSSQL database administration
- Experience with performance tuning and designing database content
- You will have strong technical aptitude/rapport and ability to
- convey technical content in a clear, concise manner, using appropriate language appropriate for the audience
- understand and process technical information with ease
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes in deadlines and priorities
- Ability to balance multiple high priority projects
- Experience with software development cycles
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (or greater) and Database Administration
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server and VM Management
- Agile Software Development including Scrum
- Microsoft Certifications (SQL, DBA, etc.)
- Relational databases and normalization
- Experience with Microsoft SQL SSRS reporting
Culture & Benefits
Even though were a global company the Auckland office feels like a software house lots of technical people working in different teams and projects.
Weve got a funky, open plan office right across from Albany Westfield. As well as being pretty hard-core about work, we find some time for a Friday drink and some entertaining times out with the Social Club.
We value our staff, so theres lot of perks, including flexible working arrangements, additional sick leave, certification and tuition reimbursement, Income Protection, Life Insurance, an enhanced KiwiSaver Scheme, Financial Advisor, fruit bowl, in-office gym, annual flu jab, no dress code, yearly volunteer (day where the entire office takes a day off to give back to the community) and a Bonus Pool.
Aderant, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a global industry leader in providing comprehensive legal business management software for law firms and other professional services organizations. Aderant is a market leader in technology solutions for practice and financial management, knowledge management, business intelligence, matter planning, calendaring and docketing. Aderant is an established and trusted partner due to its versatile and innovative technology solutions, superior customer support and reliable implementation process. Aderant operates as a unit of Roper Technologies, a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and the Russell 1000 indices.
While our headquarters are in the US, our largest development centre is here in New Zealand on the North Shore with over 100 engineers focused on expanding and improving our products. We have a diverse mix of highly talented folks, ranging from fresh, eager graduates to domain and technology experts with decades of experience to draw on.
From internships and entry level positions to leadership roles at all levels, we offer rewarding and challenging opportunities that will propel your career in an environment where you can achieve your potential. We are always on the lookout for talented, energetic employees who are committed to driving success. Ours is a collaborative environment where you can leverage your expertise, learn and further your career.