Power Farming Ashburton is part of New Zealand's largest family owned independent distributor of tractors and farm machinery. We are passionate about providing effective solutions to our customers' needs, and supporting them with market leading backup to keep their wheels turning.
We are committed to continued growth in 2019 and as such, our service and sales department requires additional support to achieve its goals.
This hands on role is integral to the efficient operation of the two departments. You will be responsible for the day to day logistics of arranging and maintaining sales stock - tractors and machinery. The role is diverse and will see you completing a variety of tasks in any given week.
If you are reliable, motivated and not afraid to get stuck in, this role could be for you.
Key Duties include:
- Taking ownership of the General up keep, maintenance and presentation of new and used machinery stock, and the sales yard and building itself
- Deliveries and collection of machinery to farms
- Assisting in loading and unloading of delivery trucks, and receipting goods into stock
- Assisting in machine demonstrations
- Reconditioning of trade in stock and Basic assembly/repairs
- Assisting in advertising photography and collection of stock information
Key skills include
- Ability and experience in operating agricultural machinery
- Relevant drivers licences (Class 5) and preferably forklift
- Commitment to meeting Health and safety requirements
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- High standards and pride in workmanship
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Ability to work within a team, and also autonomously
- Strong communication skills, and a positive demeanour
- Literate, and able to learn
- Physically fit and able
The role is typically 7:30am - 5pm, however flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business as needed, particularly in our busy spring season
This role could suit a variety of applicants. You could be a mechanic looking to step back a little, or an ag machinery operator looking for job stability within your chosen field. We are open minded, and flexible to accommodate the right person.
In return for your skills and commitment we will offer a healthy remuneration package that reflects what you can bring to the table. We are an enthusiastic, close knit team with a strong culture of working together.
Applications close 30 June 2019