Join us in making agriculture more sustainable., Work in a friendly and supportive environment.
Biotelliga is an Ag-biotech company utilising fungi, natures plant-interaction specialists, to develop sustainable technologies to protect crops from pests and diseases.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced research technician to be part of our Research and Development Team.
You will work in a friendly and supportive laboratory environment, assisting in the design and execution of experiments including analysing and reporting results.
This is very much a generalist position with a lot of day-to-day variation. Projects will include plant and insect assays to test biopesticides as well as isolation and characterisation of fungi. You will support the development of laboratory and pilot scale manufacturing methods and the production of samples as well as other project and laboratory support duties as required.
As a successful candidate you are a team player, perform scientific experiments to a high standard and are results focused. You will be self-driven, pro-active and willing to learn new skills.
- Honours or Masters degree in mycology plant biology or related field
- At least 2 years experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably in the crop protection industry
- Experience with the development and execution of plant disease assays and insect bioassays (desired but not essential)
- Familiar and engaged with quality control, health & safety and containment requirements in laboratories
- Excellent data analysis and report writing skills
- Good understanding of statistical analyses relevant for biological experiments
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Good Word and Excel skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply online today by clicking the apply link on the right with a CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
Applications close: 7/07/2019.