At Ventia, we’re proud to manage council assets including parks, libraries and public pools in Howick, Maungakiekie-Tmaki, rkei, Waitemata, Devonport-Takapuna, Hibiscus & Bays, Kaiptiki and Upper Harbour. We contract to Auckland Council for street cleaning services such as collecting litter, road sweeping, removing graffiti, water blasting, pavement cleaning and more.
Reporting to the Sanitation and Waste Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of direct labour services in accordance with contractual obligations by managing an operational delivery team.
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter. We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
You’ll be responsible for several key activities including:
- Assist the Sanitation and Waste Manager in effectively delivering daily operations of hard surface cleaning, WaterBlasting and Public Toilet Cleaning
- Identify address operational issues and concerns in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate the cleaning teams to ensure operational excellence and excellent customer services.
- Develop and maintain operational guidelines for staffs.
- Organise routine maintenance and repair works for plant, vehicles and equipment.
- Keep allocated depots clean, safe and organized.
- Coordinate with other SDM’s in different operational issues and promotional activities.
- Evaluate current operational strategies and recommend improvements.
- Generate operational reports for management as needed.
- Hold a tertiary qualification related to Sanitation or Waste Management Services
- Have strong experience in leading and managing a team of labour employees, including strong interpersonal skills and the ability to train, coach and develop team members
- Previous experience of managing and operation of plant and equipment
- Hold a full NZ driver’s licence
- Strong understanding of health and safety, along with hazard and risk management
- Be willing and able to work around a 7-day week rotating roster encompassing evenings and weekends
- Be results driven, with the ability to influence and manage a range of key internal relationships
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers. We help our clients to keep critical infrastructure working for our communities.
By ensuring a safe, compliant and professional built environment through evaluation, maintenance, repair and upgrading of their facilities, we allow our clients to focus on their core business. We provide a complete facilities management service to clients in both public and private sectors across Australia & New Zealand.
As a broad infrastructure services organisation, Ventia celebrates the diversity and richness of its people and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.