Make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of rangatahi and whnau, Join a supportive team covering Rotorua, Taupo and Tokoroa locations, Use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks.
Job Ref: 28930
- Make a genuine, positive impact on the lives of rangatahi and whnau
- Join a supportive team covering Rotorua, Taupo and Tokoroa locations
- Use the latest strengths-based tools and assessment frameworks
Whats on offer
- A salary range between $54,746 - $91,606.
- A great team who are really excited to have someone join in on their journey.
- Support to achieve your goals through training and career development opportunities.
- Reimbursement for your annual practicing fee.
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac.
- Rewarding and sometimes challenging work that can make a difference to the young person now and on into their future.
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships.
What you will do
- Working intensively with rangatahi aged between 10-18 years old who come to the attention of the police and the Youth Court.
- Hear our rangatahis voices and support them or their whnau to make positive changes.
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds.
- Complete assessments with the young person and family to identify needs and together look at options.
- Support young people to identify underlying causes of offending behaviour so these can be addressed and to be accountable for their actions to their victims.
- Work with key stakeholders such as iwi, Youth and Family Court, Te Kooti Rangatahi, Youth Advocates and those involved in the wider health and education sector.
- Be an advocate on behalf of rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential.
- Transition rangatahi back to their whnau or iwi from residential services.
Who are we
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard, and be surrounded by loving whnau. At Oranga TamarikiMinistry for Children, were on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma-informed, and effective for all cultures.
What team you will work with
Our Rotorua team are committed to supporting our rangatahi and making a difference to their lives. Being a high Mori and Pacific Island demography in Rotorua, Taupo and Tokoroa we are all committed to working together with the people in our community to really make a genuine difference in the lives of our young people and their families. We are a team who work together to support one another.
What you will bring
- A tertiary social work qualification.
- A full, clean, valid drivers licence.
- Registration with the Social Work Registration Board or able to register.
- Resilience, initiative and a proactive creative approach to working with rangatahi.
- Experience working with rangatahi and whnau would be a plus.
- The ability to prepare individual social work plans which meet the identified needs of young people.
- Sound judgement and organisational skills.
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions.
- Life experience and understanding around what rangatahi may be experiencing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience.
- Good written skills as you will need to write court reports and case notes.
- Commitment to working towards positive outcomes for rangatahi, whnau and the community.
- Strong cultural awareness and practice.
- Knowledge of Te Reo or Pacific Island languages would be a plus.
How to apply
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. This will ensure your application is received internally.
Hurry as applications close on the 8th of July 2019