The job is well suited to an indentured tradesman with 10 or more years in fabrication and welding, machining experience, an advantage and who has an affinity to manage staff and clients and understands all facets of a jobbing shop.
You must be a clear communicator and English is your first language
- Management and supervision of staff.
- Materials procurement.
- Allocation of jobs and work flow.
- Quality control process throughout construction phase.
- Ensure jobs are completed on time.
- Control of time and material on jobs.
- Mentoring and improving knowledge.
- Be available to respond to breakdowns, seeing the job through to completion.
Applicant must understand 2D and 3D drawings (CAD drawing an advantage) and can competently operate Microsoft Office and its programs and who has experience managing a medium size engineering business.
Health and Safety is important to the company, you must strive to initiate and improve it constantly, including holding regular safety meetings with the staff.
You must be a resident and have a permit to work in New Zealand fulltime.