Do you have a Turf qualification?, Are you ready to lead a keen team?, Work in sunny Nelson.
We are currently seeking a full-time Team Leader to lead our and co-ordinate the delivery of efficient and effective Turf & Mowing services within our team based in Richmond.
The team leader is role is responsible for ensuring the optimum delivery of mowing services, sports ground operations, and turf maintenance including turf renovations, in line with contract specifications. Planning and programming will be delivered effectively in collaboration with Tasman District Council.? You will ensure pitches are fit-for-purpose.
The successful applicant will have the following mix of experience, skills, and attributes:
- Extensive experience in the Turf industry, with comprehensive knowledge and proven skills in all aspects of practical and technical Turf maintenance and renovation work
- Professional Turf qualifications
- Experience in building and leading effective, motivated teams
- Experience in quoting, working within budget and project management preferred
- Experience in planning, costing, and delivering successful projects
- A flexible attitude to getting the job done whatever it may take
- Positive mentoring skills
- An openness to embrace and get involved in continuous business improvement initiatives and new technologies
- A strong commitment to the customer and high attention to detail
- A strong team player with the courage and independence to make astute decisions when required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
If this sounds like you don?t delay! Nelson is one of New Zealand's top lifestyle destinations. We have beautiful beaches, rivers and national parks with great opportunities for outdoor activities. Enjoy a great work/life balance working in sunny Nelson. For more information on the Nelson/Tasman region visit http://www.nelsonnz.com/.
Please note that applicants must have a current full drivers? license, NZ residency/citizenship or a valid NZ work visa and will be required to undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening, and ACC checks.