Action Education Office Administrator (Part Time - 20 hours per week, Fixed Term)
- Timely and relevant services and follow up to best meet the client needs
- Excellent administrative and office management support to the Action Education team
- Proactive and reactive communication to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- 20 hours per week during office hours with flexibility around evening and weekend work as required
- Office based in Grey Lynn
- 1-year fixed-term
Action Education is looking for an efficient administrator who will provide excellent administrative and office management support to the Action Education team. You will work with a team of professionals and mentors undertaking youth development through youth programmes, activities and events designed to promote healthy creative self-expression.
Action Education is an arts based organisation focused on youth development. We believe that fundamental to the wellbeing of young people is their ability to express their identity. We provide spaces, platforms and tools for young people to reflect on their experience, connect with others and express who they are through creativity.
Reporting to the Action Education Manager, you will be a professional administrator who have strong administration skills and a good working knowledge of database systems, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and most importantly an enthusiasm in youth development and community engagement.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Having oversight of administrative and reporting requirements for all Action Education activities
- Keeping calendars, inboxes and reporting dates in check so Action Education?s clients and stakeholders receive timely and relevant services and follow up that best meet their needs
- Managing logistics of meetings, programmes and events to ensure a smooth operation of all Action Education activities
- Keeping up-to-date documents, handbook, resources and data entry
- Ensuring all reporting are written and submitted timely
- Ensuring client confidential information is kept safely and securely
- Maintaining Action Education website contents (simple updates)
- Providing a regular communication through a variety of channels including (but not restricted to) social media, Email and newsletters
This is a busy and responsible position, so you will have good planning, time management and excellent computer skills. You will have strong relationship skills and be able to support and guide our teams to deliver exceptional services to young people through all our services.
Your personal philosophy will include having a strengths-based approach to working with people, and a willingness to embrace diversity.
This is a part time position of 20 hours per week; however, you will need flexibility around weekend and evening work at times for special events.
Please click on the "apply" link to register your candidacy and CV along with a cover letter detailing why you believe you are the right person for this job. Please note, while we appreciate the time you?ve taken to apply for this position, we will only be contacting suitable candidates.
Application closes at 5PM Friday 16th October 2020.
If you would like the position description, please contact [email protected]