Irricon is a leading environmental consultancy, working with rural clients primarily throughout Canterbury and Otago. Our experienced team of 18 are based within this area, with head office in Timaru, and small offices in Ashburton and Oamaru. Our vibrant and passionate team includes consulting Directors, the management team, consultants and field technicians.
We are focused on delivering optimum solutions for our clients in a very challenging, changing, and complex resource management framework, ensuring we all live, work and play ? sustainably. Values are important to our team and are central to who we are as a business.
The role of the Finance and IT Manager provides finance IT and system support across the business and is a crucial support for the Managing Director (MD). Reporting to the MD, the role works closely with the Business Support Officer and Operations Coordinator, led by the MD.
Hours: 55 to 60 hours per fortnight
- Responsible for all aspects of the financial management of Irricon, including preparation of the budget, cashflow forecasting, performance monitoring, preparation of end of year accounts for accountants.
- Manage the finance operations of the business, to assist in achieving and monitoring the budget, set by the board.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial transactions including providing assistance and back up to the Business Support Officer as required.
- Monitor financial performance by weekly to monthly reporting, summarising and analysing financial performance including key performance measures in relation to the business plan.
- Manage and be responsible for ensuring Irricon?s policies, procedures and appropriate controls are in place to protect the integrity of Irricon financial management and reporting, and provide appropriate training and tools to the Irricon team
- Ensure that other financial outcomes including reporting, and legal compliance are adhered too.
- Provide financial analysis and forecasting support for testing new business opportunities.
- Manage and be responsible for the IT component of the Irricon business systems, ensuring business IT systems are robust, secure and enable all Irricon users to work freely by providing seamless and efficient technology solutions with the assistance of external IT specialists.
- Assist the MD in the development of a business IT strategy, with the support from external IT specialists, in accordance with the strategic plan and the business plan.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the business IT strategy and systems.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day maintenance of the business IT systems ensuring a seamless service, including the purchase, administration and maintenance of hardware, software and including systems.
- Provide and manage training and support to the Irricon team in the effective use of all of the business IT systems.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the business IT systems policies and procedures are documented.
- Participate and provide support in initiatives for the development of new systems and updating of current systems, with external support as necessary.
- Be responsible for all of Irricon?s Insurance policies.
- Provide support to the MD and the Irricon team with contract development and implementation.
- Provide executive management support to the MD as required to ensure that Irricon can operate successfully.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
This is a role for an experienced and capable person, requiring:
- Thorough knowledge and experience of office accounting and bookkeeping procedures, with a preference for an Accountancy Qualification.
- Commercially oriented, with experience in managing companies finance and IT systems.
- Proficiency in accounting software (Xero), MS suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), WorkflowMax, Dropbox and other software as required.
- Proven ability with financial modelling, managing, and presenting financial and other data, with attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Flexibility - able to work on several projects/tasks at a time while maintaining perspective and a sense of priority.
- Great interpersonal skills when communicating to the MD, Irricon team, board members, clients, providers and contractors.
- Be able to contribute positively to team projects, co-ordination and culture.
- Excellent organisational skills and a thorough and methodical approach to completing work, independently and collaboratively.
- Personal attributes that must be demonstrated include being honest, dependable, flexible and having committed work ethics.
- The ability to work without supervision and meet deadlines.
For a detailed job description please contact: [email protected]
Applications close Friday 30th October 2020, with covering letter and CV to: [email protected]