Rai Valley area school is looking for administrator to join our small school team
We are situated in the beautiful Rai Valley 40 minutes from Nelson and 50 minutes from Blenheim
- Permanent Part -time 15-18 hours a week during term time.
- Salary by negotiation based on relevant experience
- Start time: To commence as soon as possible by negotiation.
We are seeking an experienced, innovative, and enthusiastic person capable of undertaking a range of administration and financial tasks unsupervised. This role is varied and requires you to take initiative and the ability to problem-solve on the go. A strong understanding of confidentiality is a must.
The position requires multitasking and learning the office and computer-based systems of a school office. Ideally, this person will have previous school office experience, and/or be a fast learner. They will also need to be well organised and able to manage a variety of tasks.
You will have the ability to liaise and work collaboratively with all sectors of our school community. It is important that you can relate to the culture and values of our school.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for the payment of school accounts, accurate data entry using xero, and working with financial reports
- Day to day management of Ed Pay (school payroll)
- A detailed understanding of school accounts and preparation for annual audit.
- Day to day word processing including light PA duties to Principal and Leadership Team as required
- Promotions and communications as required
- Occasional answering phones and reception cover as required
In addition to the above, the candidate will have the following essential attributes:
- Strong IT skills, proficiency with Google programmes; Excel and Word would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Human Resources management.
- Critical thinking and effective solution focussed problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organised, and able to complete tasks on time
- Confidence in working autonomously and/or within a team environment
- A strong willingness to uphold the culture and values of our school
- Strong interpersonal skills. Friendly and approachable manner
- An ability to work well with a diverse range of team members, be able to be diplomatic, professional and use a sense of humour as appropriate
A police vetting report will be required as part of our selection process.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For any further information or to discuss this position please contact Maree at [email protected]
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] including your CV and covering letter.
Applications for this position close at 9am Wednesday 21st October 2020.