Ng?i Tai ki T?maki is recruiting a Commercial Manager to drive our strategy and intergenerational tribal aspirations.
- Generating appropriate risk adjusted returns through prudent management of direct and indirect investments, conducting appropriate due diligence and benchmarking processes, working with existing contractual and related arrangements for commercial benefit.
Your role requires you and your behaviour to be aligned with the following high level strategic architecture of Ng?i Tai ki T?maki.
Mission : By Ng?i Tai, For Ng?i Tai.
Values : Kaitiakitanga, Rangatiratanga, Mana Whenua, Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Kotahitanga.
Outputs : Increasing the monetary net worth of Ng?i Tai ki T?maki iwi, hap? and wh?nau Revitalising the essence and manawa of Ng?i Tai ki T?maki.
Vision: Kotahi t?tou. K?ore he rangatira kotahi o Ng?i Tai ki T?maki, he Rangatira t?tou katoa ? there is not one rangatira, we are all rangatira.
Enhancing Ng?i Tai ki T?maki mana whenua status.
- Assisting with establishment and ongoing implementation of the Statement of Investment Policies and Objectives (SIPO);
- Ensuring that all investments align with the SIPO;
- Driving sustainable, profitable direct investments;
- Due diligence on any new or additional investments including investment modelling;
- Preparing reports for the executive and governance teams, including any recommendations for divestment, investment, approval/rejection of opportunities;
- Applying best practice management of commercial investments, including management of existing investments
- Coordinating funding/financing where required for investments;
- Managing ?managers? for direct and indirect investments, including subsidiaries;
- Upholding the mana of Ng?i Tai ki T?maki as a commercial interface of the Iwi; and
- Fulfilling other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company. You may be required to fulfil other duties as required by management.
Required: Professional experience in managing commercial investments/divestments.
Optional: Business, technical, other degrees. Working directly with boards/governors of commercial enterprises.
Knowledge & Experience
- Cashflow management, revenue/expense management, balance sheet management.
- Commercial Property.
- Resource management legislation.
- Stakeholder relationships particularly business, Central Government and Local Government.
- Post settlement environment.
This is likely to be a part-time (2-3 days a week) role in the first instance.
If you are interested in this role, please send a resume (two pages max) and cover letter (one page max) to [email protected] by 5pm Tuesday 27 October 2020.