Ng?i Tai ki T?maki is recruiting an Operations Manager to drive our strategy and intergenerational tribal aspirations.
- Effective management of operations of the Ng?i Tai ki T?maki group including human resources and people, governance and secretariat, Motutapu and related island and eco-services matters, policies and procedures, and contract management.
Your role requires you and your behaviour to be aligned with the following high level strategic architecture of Ng?i Tai ki T?maki.
Mission : By Ng?i Tai, For Ng?i Tai.
Values : Kaitiakitanga, Rangatiratanga, Mana Whenua, Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Kotahitanga.
Outputs : Increasing the monetary net worth of Ng?i Tai ki T?maki iwi, hap? and wh?nau Revitalising the essence and manawa of Ng?i Tai ki T?maki.
Vision: Kotahi t?tou. K?ore he rangatira kotahi o Ng?i Tai ki T?maki, he Rangatira t?tou katoa ? there is not one rangatira, we are all rangatira.
Enhancing Ng?i Tai ki T?maki mana whenua status.
- Building and implementing a People Plan to include health and wellbeing, onboarding and induction, performance review cycle, recruitment, remuneration, and related matters;
- Supporting the development of policies and procedures to ensure a reliable policy framework;
- Implementing organisational projects e.g. Health and Safety Plans;
- Coordinating the executive administration, Motutapu (and potentially Taiao) teams to ensure excellent engagement and contribution by all team members;
- Supporting the governance teams with secretariat function including the preparation of reports for governance teams;
- Upholding the mana of Ng?i Tai ki T?maki as the operations and stakeholder engagement face of the Iwi organisation; and
- Fulfilling other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company. You may be required to fulfil other duties as required by management.
Required: Professional experience in business operations including organisational structure and HR/People. Working directly with boards/governors of commercial enterprises.
Optional: Business, technical, other degrees.
Knowledge & Experience
- Operations management, people management, financial management.
- Employment law.
- Senior leadership.
- Complex stakeholder environments.
This is likely to be a part-time (2-3 days a week) role in the first instance.
If you are interested in this role, please send a resume (two pages max) and cover letter (one page max) to [email protected] by 5pm Tuesday 27 October 2020.