LPC is the largest Port in the South Island of New Zealand, the gateway for the goods that keep our region moving. With a focus firmly on the future, these are exciting times for LPC with major infrastructure developments in full swing and a strategy focused on innovation, optimisation and business growth. Working for LPC means you are joining a company with a people focus, and a passion to play a key role in the global transport network.
The Marina Assistant role is based at Te Ana Marina, which is owned and operated by LPC. The Marina is a modern facility which has in excess of 170 berths housing vessels up to 36 metres, it is the southernmost floating Marina in New Zealand and has developed a reputation of excellence.
This exciting part-time opportunity involves taking care of all visitors, berth holders, contractors and external customers and providing outstanding administrative and operational support.
Key duties will include:
- Frontline Reception - greeting and ensuring all visitors, berth holders, contractors and external customers feel welcome.
- Answering general telephone enquiries.
- Acting as the first point of contact for visitors to the Marina.
- Monitoring of stationery and general suppliers.
- General administration including invoicing, reconciliation and vessel compliance using the Pacsoft program.
- Maintaining the general tidiness of the office and general Marina grounds and assets.
- Daily dock walks to ensure line and vessel security.
- Meet and greet customers on vessels and assist with tie off.
- Confidently and competently operate the Marina tender boat as required.
- You will be a keen learner and be comfortable holding the fort on your own whether busy or quiet and be able to use your initiative to add value to the Marina.
- You will have previous administration or reception experience, possess strong computer skills (MS Office), will have a genuine commitment to delivering an exceptional level of customer service and will be adept at building rapport and communicating effectively with people from all walks of life.
- As this role in based at the Marina you will often be required to use the tender boat to fulfill various tasks, therefore you must have previous boat handling experience and be confident and competent at doing so.
- You must also have experience in tying up and securing vessels.
If you're up for the challenge, hit the apply button and submit your completed application via our recruitment website. Applications for this position close Friday 30th October 2020 at 5.00PM.
Alternatively if you require further information, please contact our Recruitment Team via [email protected]
As LPC is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace, our preferred applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug test.