Are you passionate about conservation, We are looking for a Ranger to deliver excellent logistical support, Permanent, full-time role based in Whangarei.
The Whangarei District covers the area from Russell Forest in the north, to Mangawhai Wildlife Refuge to the south, and includes the Kermadec Island group to the north of New Zealand. The Whangarei Team is based in Raumanga, Whangarei.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Ranger, Island Logistics to deliver logistical support to the district weed and Raoul Island programmes.
You will carry out planned work to the district weed and Raoul Island work programme including:
- Providing technical advice and support to team members
- Assist in the planning and delivery of Raoul Island resupply trips
- Assist with the recruitment of new team members for Raoul Island and Whangarei Island Weed programme
- Undertake the planning of training for new recruits to the Raoul Island and Whangarei Island Weed programme
- Provide support for the Raoul Island and Whangarei Island Weed programme
A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in this area is essential, as well as a full drivers licence.
The successful applicant must have the ability to travel to Raoul Island for two-week periods on island re-supply trips. This is a permanent position based in the Whangarei District Office.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description. To view a copy of the role description, click the apply button.
Applications close 5pm on Monday, 19 March 2018.