We seek an inspirational Health and Fitness Tutor to join our team in Kerikeri, who will drive the aspirations of each of our young people and support them to gain a recognised qualification. This is a full time, permanent position, where you have the ability to make a real difference in the lives of young people in our community.
Regent Training Centre Ltd (RTC) is a Private Training Establishment focused on creating options for students through empowerment and education. A key aim is to support all learners to overcome complex barriers, whilst improving both learning and employability opportunities. This is a newprogramme for 2018 and is focused on increasing literacy and numeracy through practicalfitness and health related activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating a fun and safe learning environment, tailoring learning plans to suit individual needs and promoting a hands on learning approach. If school didn't work for you, you could make an exceptional Tutor with RTC!
You don't need to have teaching experience, but must be willing to gain teaching qualifications, with our support.
Suitable applicants will have:
- Experience and entry level qualifications in health and fitness training or coaching
- The ability to relate and work with challenging and vulnerable young people (who are awesome by the way) without judgement
- An ability to support and motivate young people to learn, gain recognised qualifications and set goals for further development
- The ability to plan, organise, deliver and assess set programme content
- Capability to work under pressure and be adaptable to tasks as required and to demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with youth and their whanau
- A full, clean and current drivers license
Please note, under the Vulnerable Children's Act, the successful candidate will be required to undergo Police Vetting as a condition of employment.