Leadership role in well established apiary, Join a great team in Kihikihi, a short drive from Hamilton, Development and career opportunities available.
- Leadership role with opportunities for development
- Join a tight knit team based in Kihikihi
- Production based incentive bonus
In 1974, two men, 40 years age difference between them, connected. Brought together by a love of beekeeping and a belief in natures power to heal. Forty years on, Comvita is still driven by our belief in the healing power of nature. We are growing an international company and a global community, based on inspiring and helping people to live more joyful, healthy and vibrant lives.
Kiwi Bee Medical Limited, Comvitas beekeeping operation, is one of the largest of its kind in New Zealand. We are experiencing continued growth and need experienced high-quality bee keepers to join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a senior bee keeper who can work with independence to secure production while also developing the bee keepers in their team. Reporting to our Kaimanawa Branch Manager, your day to day will involve:
- Accountability for the quality and production of your allocated hives
- Safely leading the day to day operations of your team
- Ensuring peak production of your hives, including disease control
- Collaboration with other teams and branches to support the delivery of apiary performance targets
The right candidate is a senior bee keeper looking to step up or an experienced team leader looking for a new role with a great organisation. As an experienced bee keeper you're well aware the role will require some flexibility around hours, the ability to travel from time to time and the physical fitness needed for the job. We are also looking for:
- Evidence of your commercial bee keeping knowledge
- Demonstration of your experience leading others to achieve a common goal
- A passion for bees!
Working with us will offer you the chance for development and promotion across our business. We support personal and professional development and have an in-house NZQA accredited training programme available. We offer a competitive package including a productivity related bonus scheme and initiatives to support personal wellbeing.
If you have a passion for bee keeping and want to work for a top New Zealand Apiary please apply with a CV and cover letter which details your right to work in NZ,
Applications close 27 May 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.